Friday, June 09, 2006

ShyBQ Beery Childish

Last night I took my Mom to Pure Food and Wine for a delicious belated Mommy's day present dinner. It was more upscale than she realized (she was probably imagining some hippie salad nutty grainy slop) and I think she felt bad that I was dropping so much money on her food, but it was so entirely worth it. The highlight was some crazy delicious sundae made out of peppermint ice cream with peppermint chunks covered in whipped cream, chocolate sauce, mint chocolate dust and peppermint goo. I have no clue how they made it w/o any cooking, sugar or dairy. I was extremely excited to see that Sarma was there. She's like the ultimate super hot raw guru chef who took raw out of bland hippie crackdens and into the sleek, hip and delicious downtown candlelit haven that is Pure Food and Wine. Afterwards, I killed some time buying nuts at Trader Joe's and walking through Kim's on St. Marks. I met up w/ Jay to check out Shy Child. We caught up on a thing or two over Brahmas beers bottled like Barbie bodies. Have one, you'll see what I mean. It's kinda creepy, but also cheap which is a common tradeoff where creepy is concerned. Shy Child were really good. I had heard the best Shy Child song at Kim's just about 30 minutes earlier. I think good songs are at their peek on the 2nd listen, so that was a nice coincidence... I'm really excited for the BBQ tomorrow. Hopefully a lot of people I haven't seen in a while will come out of the woodwork for some food and tunes. I've seen the hotdogs, and they look delicious. Details again below...
Shy Child - Summer