Friday, June 02, 2006

Hellp.

I have been raw now for 33 days. Save for a) eating cooked fish once a week b) some salad dressings I've eaten have not been completely raw c) some cooked escarole at my Mom's house and d) one snip of a free delicious cookie at Whole Foods when no one was looking. I've lost 9 pounds ( though almost half of that was from having the stomach flu). Now I'm at this weird place where I have some seriously strong desires for food that I cannot have, yet at the same time I have a very strong will not to actually take that step and eat them. It's kind of a weird mindfuck and a strange kind of challenge I've never given myself before. It's gotten me thinking a lot about, you know, life, health, challenges, lifestyle etc that I won't get into, but it's odd to be doing something and sort of wondering how long you'll be able to take it and if you might be able to do it forever or if you would even want to. What's also weird, is that some religious nuts call this the Hallelujah diet since apparently there is a passage in the bible where it is said that we should only eat living foods. That sort of thing drives me bananas. How many different factions are there out there who take one dang or a few dang lines out of a freaking enormous ancient document and base their lives around it. If that's not insanity.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home