Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nuts, Seeds and Berries

Last night Ashley and I spent way too much money on an awesome raw meal at Pure Food and Wine. I would attempt to recap the meal, but I really for the most part have not a clue what we ate. It began with a mini "smoked" skewer of various vegetables one of which may have been a parsnip. At some point we were served something in a small almondy cup. There were raw guacamole bean tacos as well as coconut meat/banana samosas, a delicious almond and carrot soup, some saketinis made with various fresh ingredients such as cucumber and ginger and dessert. For dessert we had a "warm" apple rhubarb cobbler along with vanilla "ice cream" as well as the most delicious tiramisu I've ever had (which must have been made from various nut creams.) We were able to sit outside in the back under candlelight and there were super cute waiters to boot. All in all, just what a girl needs after a long day at work. Tonight I will be continuing on my girl date companion raw eating journey extravaganza at Caravan of Dreams which I've heard only good things about. I have to say that I can see how people become addicted to and/or nuts over this lifestyle. So far I feel ocassionally slightly lightheaded, though that should end in a day or so, and otherwise super fucking healthy/energetic and awesome. Ashley described it as "feeling lighter" and that's totally it. I feel way less stressed out or bothered by typical daily nuisances. I feel crazy in a good way. I'll let you know how it goes further down the line....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home