Thursday, May 18, 2006

L-I-F-E

Last night I had the most amazing meal I think I've ever had in my life. Probably. The place was called Counter and is located on 1st ave. and 6th St. It has odd small dwarfed looking super cushy awesome chairs to sit yo ass in and enjoy all organic vegan food. The meal started out with some kind of crazy lavendar thyme infused vodka cranberry nectar martini beverage and a corn and tomato tower (some amazingly delicious Mexican Raw creation). Our waitress was this totally adorable girl who was Raw herself and was so happy that we ordered all of the raw treats. Our entree was the most amazing component of the spread, entitled Napoleon: sun-dried tomato pesto, herb purée, nut "ricotta" cheese, marinated vegetables, shaved fennel and bitter green salad. It was 3 triangles of delicious red green and white filling surrounded by zuchini and fennel. It was bursing with flavor and so unbelievably good I was sort of awe-struck. I think it even beat Pure Food and Wine which speaks volumes. Karli and I had an awesome time. I always love hanging out with her and talkin about L-I-F-E, life.We ran over to Webster Hall where I said a quick hello to Jay and went to sit on the bleachers and take in some Sound Team. At this point Karli and Dani left. Everytime I'm left alone at Webster Hall at a show, I some how end up going to the bad place. I get really down and feel super off kilter. I think the last time this happened was at the Son Volt show. I'm convinced there are weird evil spirits lurking in that place. Anywhere that has like secret rooms and compartments is probably haunted in my opinion. After an underwhelming, sorry!, set, I immediately took off which was apparently a bad choice for 2 reasons. A) According to Jay, I missed Lindsay fuckin' Lohan! and B) I had to make small talk with someone I was in no mood whatsoever to make small talk with. Overall a decent night, but tonight is going to be THE REAL SHIT. But, afterwards be sure to hit this:
Upstarts Tattoo Art Show CBGB's Tonight!
CBGB's Gallery
Bowery & Bleeker St.
NYC
9:00pm

My buddy Chuck has some awesome shit in it.
Chuck drunk in Vietnam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home