Friday, June 30, 2006

And the party don't stop

Last night I had the awesome pleasure of getting to check out the newest wave in blogging, called Vox. It seems honestly, extremely cool and easy to use. Blogging is about to hit the mainstream. Basically, it omits the need for html and makes it extremely easy to open YouTube, Amazon etc. without using another window. You just find what you are looking for within the same frame and can choose the size and alignment without knowing shit about html. It also allows you to invite friends and choose with every post if you want it to be private to you, private to your friends, or published to the world. I think it's an amazing feature. Now every time you want to post about snorting lines of coke off a hookers ass while your mates are screaming "JT! $! JT! $! ," you can be assured that only your buddies and not your parents will be able to read it.

The party was super swank. Jeff and I showed up to the penthouse of the Rivington Hotel completely ass drenched in water, literally dripping heavily in jeans and wifebeaters or t-shirts. We were some of the first to arrive and felt like total hobos in contrast to all of the nice Vox people dressed in black dresses and nice wares. They had a delicious assortment of booze as well as the most amazing appetizers I've been privy to in a long time, if ever. There were lobster rolls, smoked trout rolls, olive tapenade spread mini toasts garnished by small shavings of asparagus and, get this, mini lamb chops covered in carmelized onion atop mini dollops of mashed potato. We were psyched to find that we knew some people there like Aaron and Michael. We chatted with them till it was time to go to the roof for an anouncement. The view was one of the most amazing things I've seen in this city in a long time. Jeff and I wondered what we did to deserve this night. The hot tub was covered and all I could think was how amazing it must be to sit in it's warm bubbly bubbles and stare out at the view of both the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges as well as the rest of the beautiful buildings. We felt bad as we checked our watches and ran over to the Mercury Lounge to see the tailend of the Little Ones.

From the few songs I was able to take in, I incredibly dug the Little Ones. I had missed their hit, Lovers Who Uncover, but was more than impressed with the tunes at hand. They have such a fun, bubbly stage presence with absolutely no pretense which was really great. Afterwards I managed to say hi to many peeps there for the Dirty On Purpose album release party. I felt really bad being too wacked at that point to stick around, but I was really into the bonding with Jeff, not hanging in public type idea and had to run out of there. After another long beer with JT$, I hopped on the L to arrive home and saddle up to another night of watching Everybody Loves Raymond and just begging my body to let me sleep. I think I actually got about 3 solid hours last night which is a step in the right direction, but God I'm starting to loathe that show. All in all a spectacular evening that made me enjoy living in the city for one more day.

The song I was about to post for The Little Ones can be downloaded straight from their Myspace page. Look how cute they are!