Thursday, November 09, 2006

Paper

Last night I went to the Paper Magazine party they had in my hood at Jensen's Rec Center. It was an interesting place. The whole party spent most of their time standing in one large mass of a line waiting for drinks. There was a blazing lump of crystal rocks on fire which looked extremely dangerous. It was sort of beautiful but I kept expecting some poor inebriated hipster soul to sit down on it and get an unfortunate surprise hot kick to the heinie. For the most part it was a room full of hip people hanging out together, but I suppose that's most parties. Fortunately I ran into my friend Dustin so Kat, Dustin and I drove over to Shart Stop to have a quick drink, realize that my roomie has never heard of nor seen the running man and just generally hang. I felt less than entertaining as I was coming down from being uncomfortably high on Claritin D all day. Ohh, point to this story, sort of. There was this guy who I thought rather a douche because his only question to me was the old "What do you do?" and so I of course said, music. He handed me his teeny tiny card w/ the Myspace link of his band and told me to "Drop him a line." Hmmm... don't think so. Shameless self-promotion, but then look at me posting about it here. Apparently this guy has released 34, thirty fuckin' four, albums on his very own Jesus Warhol records, which is aptly named since he was slightly odd, read: creepy, and had slicked back silvery locks. Seems like a Jesus/Warhol concoction in the making. I do, however, really have an affinity for this song. I added it to my Myspace page, because I'm a DORK.

Listen to "I've Been Thinking" here. Beware, takes a minute or so to get really good, at least I think it's good, bitches. He doesn't allow you to download any songs for free. C'mon man you have 34 friggin records!

See what I mean?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think coL'' is AWESUM! i have 4 albums, and they get Better the more i listen. got them at jesuswarhol.com... Thought u would wanna know.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be a adroit lenient being is to be enduring a kind of openness to the mankind, an cleverness to trusteeship uncertain things beyond your own pilot, that can front you to be shattered in uncommonly outermost circumstances pro which you were not to blame. That says something very weighty with the get of the righteous compulsion: that it is based on a trust in the uncertain and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a plant than like a prize, something somewhat feeble, but whose acutely item handsomeness is inseparable from that fragility.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In harry's life, at some time, our inner pep goes out. It is then break asunder into passion at near an contend with with another benign being. We should all be thankful quest of those people who rekindle the inner spirit

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In everyone's time, at some pass‚, our inner throw goes out. It is then bust into passion by an encounter with another human being. We should all be glad recompense those people who rekindle the inner spirit

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home