Monday, November 06, 2006

This weekend...

I felt like I had friends, ha. Ashley rolled into town w/ Bart so we all met up at my house and went over to Cantina Malo for drinks and food w/ Kat and Brenton. Saturday I bought some more basil, dill, parsley and pansies to plant after test driving some Toyotas and making a decision to get a Scion XA. I'm pretty excited about owning a new car, though the poor rating on the overall "ride" on Consumer Reports seems rather shady. I'm going for the Sirius Satellite radio so I can hear all the various blogger radio shows while I drive. After car shopping I hung out at my place drinking Black Lager w/ Ted on the porch in Ninja Turtle blow-up chairs while listening to every version of "Since You Been Gone" that I own. Sunday Kat and I made tofu scramble and brought it over to Kiki's house where 8 hungover people were watching movies and drinking mimosas before heading over to Santa Monica to see the Borat movie and eat thai food while playing Loaded Questions.
Best new vocabulary acquired from watching the movie: Hand Party.
If you are interested in reading about how any of this movie could possibly be legal, click here.
My friends had a kickass show out of their apartment a little while ago in Park Slope, I really wished I could have been there. The Village Voice wrote about it here. Phosphorescent and Death Vessel played.

Death Vessel - Deep in the Horchada
Phosphorescent - Pretty Pt. 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home