Friday, May 12, 2006

Sharp as a knife?

Cut Chemist is releasing his solo debut, "The Audience's Listening" on 7/11. I used to be a Cut Chemist fanatic back in the day when all I listened to was underground hip hop (a.k.a. "backpack rap"). I got my hands on everything he was involved in - Jurassic 5, the Brainfreeze and Product Placement collaborations with DJ Shadow, the Scratch DVD, even the little publicized "Live at the Variety Arts Center 1997" album he put out with DJ Nu-Mark.

With his new release, it's solid Cut Chemist fare but none of the tracks have blown me away. Don't get me wrong, over the course of his career he's revolutionized turntablism, but I expected something a little more after waiting all these years. Nonetheless, I am still enjoying the album. Here are the first two singles for you to check out.

"The Garden"
"Storm" featuring Mr. Lif and Edan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home