Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chk Chk Chk Yo'self

Call it hometown pride or whatever, but whenever I hear of a quality artist/band coming out of my hometown (or general hometown area), I get a little bit excited. Buildings Breeding, Jackie Greene, DJ Shadow, Blackalicious, Quannum, I'm talking about you! Hell, I'll even give some shine to Deftones and Tesla since I did listen to them back in the day.

I've recently grabbed a few tracks off the upcoming !!! release and it's gotten me intrigued to hear the entire album. The band's progressive indie dance sounds have always made for an interesting mix of high energy, disjointed, and catchy beats all rolled into one. I used to wake up for work in my Brooklyn studio, put on some !!! and get my day started (thanks for the tip Alex).

Here's one of the new tracks.

!!! - Yadnus

And here's one of my favorites from 'Louden Up Now.'

!!! - Hello? Is This Thing On?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home