Saturday, July 15, 2006

My letter to EJ and the Fruit Bat crew:

I actually sent this. Cause when you love somebody, it's hard to think about....
HOW NOT TO ACT IN A WAY THAT COULD POTENTIALLY COME ACROSS AS PSYCHOTIC.

Hey there...

I'm sure this is some weird archaeic email address from the 90s that nobody ever checks anymore, but that's cool, I've got these 45 seconds to waste and in the event that you actually do read it, then fuck yeah. I just wanted to say that it was great to see you at Maxwell's. I had missed you the previous night at Prospect Park due to my late work hours, just made it over in time for Rayyy and, yikes, Guster. Anyway, it was quite awesome to see you in my former home state with so few people in the audience, though it did make me wonder why the Hell there weren't more people there and just put another skidmark on Jersey's reputation of not being the coolest of the states. I also felt somewhat guilty for being on the list, I hope you got paid in more than their delicious macaroni and cheese.

Anyway, I love your thoughtful indie pop folk songs inflected with mild sadness and can't wait till you come back. If you have any need for a baby's mama in NY, I'm here for ya. Just kidding, sort of.

Love Always,
Cara



That night was amazing. Kyle and I made a deal of you let me be your plus one and I'll let you be mine. We started out at the Okkervil River show at Castle Clinton. They played for an hour and a half!! It was fucking great. I love Jagjaguwar records and their brilliant off beat roster of musical geniuses. Next we drove across the river to Maxwell's to get some tasty eats and see the Fruit Bats. As you can see from above, it was a fantastic show, though sparsely populated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Overnight said...

Cara - That was sweet. Good luck with EJ. I think the reason no one was at the show was the bands name is terrible. Quite shitty. It does not reflect the quality of their music.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home