Thursday, April 20, 2006

Pass the soap

I spent last night at Cinespace for a film screening of The Proposition, an Australian Western written by Nick Cave, starring Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, Danny Huston, John Hurt, and Emily Watson. It's an intriguing film that documents gritty, outlaw life in the Outback and pits a British Captain against a family of criminals, the Burns Brothers. Needless to say, there is an abundance of violence, violence, and violence. Perhaps the most valuable lesson I learned was that living in the wilderness leaves absolutely no opportunity to maintain personal hygiene. If I ate a chicken nugget every time I saw someone with greasy matted hair and rotted teeth, I'd be like, really full.

On a somewhat related topic, since my laptop broke, I've been relegated to working off the too too dirty officewide computer. I still can't figure out how a pop tart gets crammed into a keyboard. I may never know....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home